2/09/2005

My Dog Got A Ticket

When you have a 16-year old son, you usually don't have time to worry about much else. So when the Sheriffs car pulled up in my drive, my first thoughts were of my son. “Do you have a…” the officer started. I was ready to answer, “Yes, I have a teenage son, what did he do?” when the next word out of the officer’s mouth surprised me…“dog?” That’s when I noticed the words Animal Patrol Unit on the car. I do have a dog. I have two actually. Two beautiful, crazy Border Collies who were at that time sitting at my feet looking lovingly at both of us. She told me they had received a complaint about my dog barking. When I saw the report I smiled. The complaint stated that my dog (just one) had been barking the Thursday before from 1:30 am to 1:45 am. They both sleep in our bedroom at night. Since Nene my younger dog, sleeps in a crate it had to be the older one, Tyler. I pictured the scene in my head:

He waited until he knew we were both asleep. Seeing his chance he quietly crept to the bedroom door, opened it and proceeded downstairs. Next he unlocked the sliding glass door and slid it open (he must be stronger than I thought, since it is a big, heavy door and hard to slide). Once outside he barked for fifteen minutes until deciding to return to bed. He walked back inside and closed and locked the sliding door behind him. Back in the bedroom he shut our door and went back to sleep in his usual place beside our bed.

Forget the ticket; I’m going to be rich. Does anyone know a good pet agent?

4 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonimo said...

This is great! Keep writing.
:)

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonimo said...

I like the dog commentary. And by the way I have seen him open doors!!!
Mstar

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Sharron said...

I thought of that when I was writing this. If he could only learn to close them I wouldn't have to keep getting up and doing it myself.

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonimo said...

You know I'm not a dog lover but this is a great story!!! Ronda

 

Posta un commento

<< Home

Blogroll Me!