2/27/2005

Interview With a Bird

Why did you fly in my window?

It was inviting.

It was inviting, yes, but it wasn’t an invitation.

I couldn’t help myself.

Now, what do you plan to do?

I want to leave but I can’t seem to find my way out.

I can help, but you won’t let me.

It’s not in my nature.

Oh, but it is in your nature to fly into an open window, not knowing what is beyond it?

I don’t know, I had never done it before.

Then why won’t you let me help, it’s obvious you don’t like it here.

It’s not in my nature.


So you want to stay here?

No, I don’t like it here.

Then you don’t have a lot of options do you?

I don’t suppose, but I don’t trust you.

I’m not the one banging my head on the ceiling now am I?

I just want to find my way out.

Well I’m done here. I can’t help you if you won’t let me.

But it’s not in my nature.

Well then your nature can get you out. I’m going to bed.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonimo said...

How ironic. We are doing a story this week about 3 whales who get stuck in the icy arctic waters during the coldest part of winter. No one can help them get out because they won't follow. Your story is more entertaining, though. Good story!
Nelle

 

Posta un commento

<< Home

Blogroll Me!